This shoe is the epitome of expensive ratchetness, trashness and all things greasy, & poor. Honestly it is money wasted in South African society. Birthed by the Kurt Geiger brand (Another greasy label for the black new money club), this shoe in the hood symbolises that you as a young (or old) black South African have made it to the big time and money ain’t a thing! Middle class blacks despise these genuine leather kicks as they feel that they put us blacks as a people backwards in terms of fashion, style and status.
-Reasons why the Carvela is a no-no
1. -Muzikayise Owns one.
2. -Carvela and a silver tooth are synonymous.
3. -If you’re wearing a Carvela, you’re probably drinking a Savanna (I know, spit it out!).
4. -You need a floral shirt to wear these bad boys.
5. -You spent 95% of your KFC cheque buying this mother fucker.
6. -It costs R1000.00 for a piece of shit that comes in leather form.
7. – Kenny Kunene probably owns a pair.
8. – In Durban, it’s worn with folded long Nike tracksuit pants and a tucked in double mercerized golf tee *vomits in mouth*
9. – They come in a suede that could possibly be confused for a velvet.
10. – It comes in white.
Obviously this shoe is part of a high end fashion brand, & the Kurt Geiger fashion house, does make a few precious pieces (I do not lie! visit http://www.kurtgeiger.com/brands/carvela). But the REAL problem with the Carvela is that, struggling nobodies in South Africa waste their money so they can feel like somebodies then they wear this excuse of a shoe. In the words of my good friend Patricia: “You could’ve made a better investment”.